The Photo Space Photography Competition
to be judged by Martin Parr
23 September 2017
1. The theme is "Social Documentary" by which we mean recording contemporary culture; moments or events we witness; people, places or things we find remarkable, incongruous, funny or 'telling'.
2. Prizes are worth:First Place, £1,000
Second place, £500
Third place, £250
Seven runners-up, each £50.
3. Winners will be announced by Martin Parr at his talk on 23 September at Ludlow Assembly Rooms and will be published on our website on Monday 25 September.
4. The competition is open to individual photographers, in the UK and overseas.
5. Up to 3 digital images (for projection) can be submitted per entrant.
6. Colour, black & white, panorama and scans from film are eligible.
7. The images can have been taken anywhere in the world provided they do not breach any local or English laws.
8. The images must be submitted digitally and be with us by mid-day on Saturday, 16 September.
9. Please send imges by WeTransfer or email to visit@thePhotoSpace.co.uk, or on a USB stick by post or delivery to the Photo Space, 4 Castle Street, Ludlow SY8 1AT.
10. Image files should be jpegs, 72ppi with 1280 pixels along the longest length.
11. Please do not include watermarks, borders or signatures.
12. Please include in your email or note:
Your name and a phone number.
A title for each piece of work.
13. By submitting images to the Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
a) they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
b) they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
c) they have the prior permission of those pictured in the image or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian, for usage rights and will indemnify us against any claims made by any third parties in respect of failure to so do;
d) they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of buildings included in submitted images for usage rights and will indemnify us against any claims made by any third parties in respect of failure to so do.
14. With the exception of the ten winning images, all images sent to us will be deleted on Monday 25 September.
15. For the ten winning images, each entrant agrees to grant us a non-exclusive right to reproduce, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose connected with the Competition. This may include, but is not limited to:
b) display on our website and on the websites of our sponsors;
c) use in newsletters, press releases, promotional and marketing materials, both print and digital;
d) use on social media used by us and our sponsors.
16. Copyright of each image is retained by its respective photographer.
17. Digital manipulation of an image is discouraged and may be grounds for removing the image from the competition. You should not, for example, move or remove objects or people, or copy in the sky from another image. Digital adjustments including dodging and burning, changes to tone and contrast and cropping are allowed, as are stitched panoramas and focus stacking.
18. We reserve the right to remove any entries from the competition that we feel may breach or contravene laws of public decency or may bring the photographer, the Competition, us or any of its sponsors into disrepute.
19. We cannot accept liablility for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment incurred as a result of participation in, or other involvement with, the Competition, to the fullest extent allowed by law.
the Photo Space
4 Castle Street
Ludlow SY8 1AT